The Virgin group is a British multinational, multi-industry company established in 1989 and founded by Sir Richard Branson and Nik Powell. But the business and trading activities by this company dates way back to the 1970s. However, Virgin Media is comparatively a new venture undertaken by the company in July 2006.
Apart from being in the business of virgin phones, virgin TV, it is also involved in the business of routers. The standard router used by the Virgin company is Hub 3 which is most widely used by all its customers. Apart from Hub 3, it also has other router Hubs such as Hub 4, Super Hub 1, 2 or 2 ac. This article will help you or guide you through the login to Virgin Router.
How To Know The IP Address Of Your Virgin Router?
Most of the Virgin Media routers have a default IP address which is: 192.168.0.1.
The IP address is necessary for Virgin Media router access web interface.
There are some other most commonly used IP addresses as well. They are:
If you’re still not able to find your IP address follow the following steps:
- Press Windows + R on your windows device.
- A prompt will then appear on the screen. When this appears, type “cmd” into the input.
- Another prompt will follow. On that prompt, you can either type “ipconfig” or “find/ i “Gateway” and then hit the enter key.
4. Note down the number mentioned against the “Default Gateway.”
If you’re using Linux you should follow these steps:
- Open the terminal window or click (ctrl + alt + t).
- Then type “IP route” or “grep default” and then enter.
- Note down the IP address which will be on your screen now.
How To Easily Log In To Virgin Router?
After getting the IP address of your Virgin media router, now head on to logging in into the Virgin hub or login to Virgin Router.
- You require an internet connecting device for this.
- Connect this device with the internet and then open any browser of your choice.
- Once you have opened the browser, type in the IP address in the search bar and press enter.
- Now this will take you directly to the web-based user interface. There you will have two options and a login button.
- Type in the username and the Virgin media router password and press enter.
- If you will see your model name in the list, there you will find a direct link that will take you to the default settings of that model.
- Most login to Virgin Router use the default username and password combinations.
- Most of the Virgin routers’ default username is “admin”. “randomly generated” is the default password.
See Also: What Is PathPing | How to Use PathPing
What To Do In Case You Forget Your Virgin Media Routers Password?
In case you have changed the username and virgin media hub password of your router and at present forgotten and unable to remember your password, follow these simple steps to revert it to the default username and password.
30-30-30 Reset Step
This is a three-step process.
- While your router is ON, press and hold the reset button down of the router for 30 seconds.
- Then while you’re still holding onto the reset button, switch OFF the power by unplugging the router and hold on for another 30 seconds.
- Lastly, turn ON the power while still holding on to the reset button. Again hold for 30 seconds.
This should reset the router and it should now accept the default username and password.
Now you can log in using the default username “admin” and most probably the default password “randomly generated.”
Note: You should always change the password and keep it something else other than the default passwords as this is a security concern and changing it will ensure a more secure router.
Carefully follow the instructions while resetting or you may damage the router.
Access Advanced Settings
And if you want to access Advanced settings on your Virgin Media Hub, you may have to follow some other steps depending upon which Hub you have.
If you have Hub 3 or Hub 4 follow these instructions:
- You need to enter the IP address 192.168.0.1 in the address bar of your browser. Doing this will automatically load the settings page.
Note: If the modem mode is enabled you have to type 192.168.100.1 instead of 192.168.0.1.
2. A prompt page will appear, there input the Hub 4.0 or Hub 3.0 settings password which is imprinted on the bottom.
After you have accessed the page, you will be able to browse a variety of settings that can be changed. On the first home page, you will get access to these quick setup options:
This setting allows you to configure the Wi-Fi connection. Through these settings, you can change the WiFi network name (SSID) and even the WiFi password, which can allow you to login to Virgin Router. You should keep a secure Virgin hub password which will be hard to guess.
The settings which show the Network diagnostic tool will allow you to run diagnostic tests on the router. You can even modify your guest network which will allow you to set up or modify the guest network settings. More additional settings are also available which you can use to change from the menu which is on the left side. The opinion says Modem mode allows you to enable or disable modem mode.
With the advanced settings, you can change all your WiFi and network settings through which you can change the name of the Wi-Fi and the password of your Wi-Fi. The admin option allows you to change the password for accessing this page.
You can easily access login to Virgin Router using these simple steps and it should help you to log in to the web interface of the Virgin Media router page. To know about login guide for the ZyXEL router, click here! This article should help you to login with ease.
You can always find me with a cup of coffee Googling anything and everything related to the networking. Refer to our detailed How-To Guides on wifi routers and never face any issue with router again!