A Private Network is a network that uses private IP addresses. It reserved the internal use behind a router or other network address transaction (NAT) device. In public IP address, someone can overlook your Internet Activities. In contrast, when one uses a private IP address, the chances get reduced, as the information can only be accessed by those who have the authority to do so. Suppose you have various Internetworking devices in your home, such as laptop, computer, mobile, etc. which require active internet connections & you take a subscription of broadband internet service. In this article, you’ll learn about 192.168.55.1 IP address, norms and guidelines related to it.
The router is the main link between the outside world and your devices. It works in such a way that it gets connected with outside with a public IP address, but when it routes the connection to the devices in your home, the connection is private using the DHCP protocol. The device now will communicate using this private IP address 192.168.55.1; the router keeps using the public address to facilitate connection over the internet.
Types of Private IP addresses
Private IP addresses can be of 3 types based on their description.
- Single class A Network: 10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
- 16 contiguous class B Network: 172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
- 256 contiguous class C Network: 192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255
IP address 220.127.116.11 is a type C class Network. The address leads you to an admin page where on logging with the correct username and password, only you get the access.
How to login into 192.168.55.1:
First, one should make sure that their router is well connected with the device. An internet connection is no so much require getting access.
- Provide the correct address, https://192.168.55.1, keep in mind this is very important as you may land up on another page by one tiny mistake.
- Enter the username & password to get access. If you haven’t changed the default username & password while configuring the router, enter default one. If you have made changes and set up with a new username & password, enter the new one
- Sometimes, the screen displays, “The site cannot be reached. 192.168.55.1 took too long to respond”. Check the address once again for any discrepancies. If the error remains, that is because this address is probably not your router’s private IP address.
Generally, the default username & password is given on the router as well as on the user manual that comes with the router. Even if in case you displaced the user manual and the default username & password got erased from the backside of the router, you can still search for it on the internet. Just search in google “Router Model Number & User Manual.” You’ll get it.
If you have changed the username & password while configuring router & by chance, you forgot the same, you have to perform one operation. Press the reset button on the router; it will return the router to its factory settings & erase all the custom changes that have been made, including changing username & password, it will set up the default username & password once again.
Read More: Network Security Key
Troubleshoot Router Error:
Following steps can be taken to troubleshoot any error which may take place:
- Positioning the router: Ensure the antenna of the router is vertical as it is more efficient in this position. Make sure nothing blocks the wireless signal sensor.
- Connecting Cables: Make sure that you connect the cables well. Sometimes when your router stops working, it is because the wires were loose.
- Router User Manual: For configuring settings, follow the user manual. Default security configurations, troubleshooting tips & tricks, resetting the configurations back to factory setting, etc.
- Rebooting the router: It works many times. If you are facing any problem, just reboot your router. The problem may occur due to hindrance to your router’s wireless signal sensor; hence this step works many times.
- Wireless Channel & Frequency: The channel that router uses is crucial as it determines your speed, your efficiency.
- Prevent Overheating of Router: Overheating is the most common cause of damage, wear & tear for the electronics devices. Don’t block the vents and keep the router in an open area.
List of routers using 192.168.55.1:
192.168.55.1 is a private IP address which is mostly used by an individual to connect their multiple devices in their home. There are multiple types of private IP addresses based on configuration, such as Class A, Class B & Class C Network. 192.168.55.1 is a Type C Class Network. We understood why we use private IP addresses & how the router is a linkage between us & the internet & how it works. We also learned how to set up router & login to the admin page. What to do when one forgets the username & password & what to do if any errors are shown. Moreover, private IP addresses have made our life secure with respect to a public IP address and prevent us from cases such as online theft, fraud, etc. to a greater extent.
See Also: 10.0.0.2 Admin Login, Password and IP
You can always find me with a cup of coffee Googling anything and everything related to the networking. Refer to our detailed How-To Guides on wifi routers and never face any issue with router again!