The internet can do many marvelous things for us, from sending a simple tweet to huge online transactions. Everything today is one click away from us. Due to the internet, there have been countless advancements and upgrades in every sector. Take the agriculture industry; there was a rise in startups that delivered groceries to your doorstep. Or the entertainment industry, where it facilitated streaming. Netflix, Spotify, Prime Video, or Hulu, thank the internet for all those! It has given rise to a versatile list of sectors that are not going anywhere anytime soon. This article is basically of IPs specifically 192.168.123.254.
Many companies have focused on quenching the internet’s thirst for the general public and have profited off of it. The most significant developments in this sector are today’s sim cards and routers/modems. Sim cards not only let us use the internet but have a lot more to offer. But you might not know that routers have more in them too! You can modify the settings of a router to avail the best services.
It is basic knowledge that every router is allotted an IP, just like every other device. Be it a mobile phone or a pen drive. This IP is the abbreviated form of the Internet Protocol address. It is a unique number that identifies the device seeking permission for data when we surf the web. 192.168.123.254 is one such commonly used IP. Prominent brands use it for their routers.
How do I log in to the 192.168.123.254 IP?
Sometimes you might want to change the name and passcode of your WiFi. Or maybe change the parental controls? Well, there’s no need for a professional to be able to do that! Go through the following steps to log onto your router’s user panel.
- To begin, connect your router to your computer or laptop. You can connect it to your computer via a LAN network or a wired ethernet connection. However, a wired connection is a good choice. Check to verify if the lights on the router have turned on once it has been connected.
See: What is an Ethernet?
- Then, go to a web browser of your choice. After that, accurately type 192.168.123.254 into your browser’s address bar. Make sure you haven’t overlooked anything or missed any digits or the periods.
- If all of the preceding steps are done correctly, you’ll be able to see a prompt on your PC. This prompt will be asking you for your login credentials. If you enter both the user ID and the passcode right, you’ll be directed to the user interface.
You may locate your user ID & passcode for your router at the base or back of your router if you don’t remember them. These credentials are also available on the manufacturer’s website. Alternatively, you might consult the router’s handbook, which you received when you bought it.
See: Router’s Passwords
Shown below is a list of the most frequently used combinations of user ID & passcode for IP 192.168.123.254:
What to do if I forget the router’s user ID & passcode?
It is common for everyone not to memorize the passwords of all their accounts. Be it Facebook, Twitter or Tinder! Since we have many other things to take care of, it’s almost impossible to remember the login credentials of our router. But there’s no need to worry! Go through the steps mentioned below, and you’ll be able to log in again.
Begin by locating a tiny hole behind your router. Take something similar to a safety pin or a toothpick. Then push it in the hole and hold it that way for not more than thirty seconds. As soon as you do that, the router will restart by itself. Then you can log in once again by typing in 192.168.123.254 in your web browser. For a detailed explanation, refer to the topic given above.
This will work. But if it doesn’t, there is another method to make it work. Perform the tasks mentioned above. After that, detach the cables of the router from the PC and hold for thirty seconds. Then, replug and keep the button pressed for thirty more seconds.
How do I Troubleshoot Router Errors?
Once in a while, your router might not function correctly or might give you some errors. But don’t worry! Here is some troubleshoot router errors that will help you get rid of these issues.
- Connection Problem: Check your router’s connection to the PC. See if the lights on the router are blinking/turned on. Most users overlook this issue.
- Wrong IP: As easy as it may appear, many people ignore this problem. Check to see if you typed 192.168.123.254 into the URL bar accurately and without errors. You may have lost the periods or zeroes; double-check.
- Forgotten Credentials: If you can’t remember your user ID or passcode, swipe up to discover how to re-enter your information.
- Reboot the router: This might sound like a non-technical method, but it can solve your router problems. Turn the router’s power off and after some time, turn it on again!
- Firewall Settings: On rare occasions, the firewall settings on your PC might not allow PC access to the internet. Please disable it and try once again.
These solutions will solve most of the router’s problems.
Some of the Famous Router Companies that use 192.168.123.254 as Login IP:
192.168.123.254 is not the conventional IP that is used today. Dozens of others use this IP as well. But some famous router companies using 192.168.123.254 are 4G Systems, Asante, LevelOne.
We now know that 192.168.123.254 is a private IP address. Therefore it’s evident that it is safe. When you ask a website for information, it identifies your device’s public IP address and responds. This is why public IP addresses are considered to be insecure.
Now, you must know how to take care of any problems related to your router. You don’t need any technician’s help at this point. You can guess it out by yourself and mend any and every issue.
You can always find me with a cup of coffee Googling anything and everything related to the networking. Refer to our detailed How-To Guides on wifi routers and never face any issue with router again!