An IP Address (or Internet Protocol Address) is analogous to the address of our house. If we were to send a letter to a friend through the postal service, we would require their house address. An IP address is used in the same way. It acts as a unique identification for any device connected to the internet and allows the different devices on the internet to send and receive data. In this article, you will know about 192.168.1.20 IP address as well as norms related to it.
IP addresses are of two types: IP Version 4 (IPv4) and IP Version 6 (IPv6). All devices with IP addresses used the IPv4 address, but many are starting to use the new IPv6 system. Both these types are:
- In IPv4, 32 binary bits are used to create a unique address for a device on the internet. Thus, each set represents an 8-bit number ranging from (0-255). This address is expressed by four numbers, which are separated by dots. For example 18.104.22.168
- In IPv6, 128 binary bits are used to create a unique address for a device on the internet. It is written as a set of eight hexadecimal numbers, which are separated by colons. For example 2001:cdba:0000:0000:0000:0000:3257:9652
About 192.168.1.20 IP Address
The IP address, which ranges from 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255, falls within the Class C range of IP addresses. This IP address is a unique and individual IPv4 address and is from the list of private addresses within Class C. The addresses which use 192.168.X.X belong to this class and are private. Here, a private IP address is in contrast to public IP addresses in the way that it can be used within a home or business network. Sometimes, private IP addresses are also referred to as local IP addresses.
The IP 192.168.1.20 is not a conventional choice when considering default gateways. In fact, manufacturers prefer to use other addresses as they are more popular. Still, manufacturers like D-Link and Cell Vision prefer to use this address for their wireless cameras.
How To Login Into 192.168.1.20
To login into this IP address, we follow the given procedure:
- In the first step, connect the router to your computer, laptop, smartphone, or any other such device using a wired or wireless connection. Ensure that you limit the connection. Once connected, a small light within the router starts blinking, indicating a successful connection.
- In the second step, open up any web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc. Now in the address bar of browser, write http://192.168.1.20 and press Enter. The router admin panel would open up on your screen.
Note: The IP address without the dots is just a number so be careful and always type correct IP address in your browser. Don’t type 192.168,1.20 |192.168,1,20 |192.168.1,20 |192.168 1 20 |192168.1 20 192168120 or 192.168.120 as they are wrong ways of writing an IP address.
- Enter the username and the password of your router to log in. Once you have successfully logged in, you can configure the settings of the router.
If you are having issues in connectivity, please ensure that you have written the correct IP address. It is essential that you type the correct IP address in the browser window for logging in.
Note: Don’t misunderstand number ‘0’ for lowercase letter ‘o’ or number ‘1’ with lowercase letter ‘l’. For eg: 192.168 l 20, 192.168.l.20, https //192.168.l.20 and 192.168.l.l20 are wrong ways to access this IP address and your browser will give you error display.
What To Do If You Forget The Router’s Username And Password?
It is very common for people to forget their router’s username and password.
But the router admin panel can still be accessed by following the given simple steps:
- If you don’t remember your router’s username and password and have never changed it, then you can find it written on the label on the router along with its serial number and login address.
- In case you have changed the username and password and forgot it, then you can reset your router to its original settings to access the router rtsp://admin:email@example.com/11 panel. All ADSL modems and wireless routers have a reset button. To reset your router, unplug the power from the router, then find the reset button pinhole. Using a toothpick or paperclip, press and hold the button for a period of 30-60 seconds. Afterward, reset the router. Now you can use the default username and password on the label to access the router admin panel.
List Of Routers Using 192.168.1.20 IP Address
A list of devices and routers which use 192.168.1.20, as their default IP address, are as follows:
- D-Link DCS-936L camera
- Dlink DCS-930L
- Dlink DCS-950
- Dlink DCS-950G
- Dlink DCS-G900
- TRENDnet TV-IP100v2
- TRENDnet TV-IP100v3
- TRENDnet TV-IP100W-Nv3
- TRENDnet TV-IP100Wv3
- TRENDnet TV-IP200v2
See also: https://iprouterlogin.com/192-168-1-102/
How To Troubleshoot Router Errors?
Commonly, the IP address 192.168.1.20 is used to troubleshoot network connectivity issues.
- Proper placement of the router
Put the router in an ideal place. You must ensure that it is not behind walls or curtains. Moreover, the cables are connected properly, and the wireless router signal is available.
2.Going through the user manual of the router
Go through the router’s user manual and follow the instructions as given in the installation guide.
3.Searching for good wireless channel and checking the frequency band
Frequency is essential for proper wireless channels to function. Often, the selected channels do not give the best signals. Thus, you must ensure that your channel is not interfering with other person’s channels in the locality. You can also try switching from 2.5GHz frequency band to 5GHz frequency band for better results.
4.Resetting the router
In case that the router is still lacking an internet connection, you can try rebooting it. If the problem still exists, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
The IP 192.168.1.20 and your router can act as a gateway to your network. Thus, you need to protect it from burglars. Although it is very convenient to use the default password and username, by doing so, you also compromise your security and can be an easy target for cybercriminals. Therefore, being aware of this knowledge, you can easily protect your router and yourself without any issues.
You can always find me with a cup of coffee Googling anything and everything related to the networking. Refer to our detailed How-To Guides on wifi routers and never face any issue with router again!